SoCreate is thrilled to announce Angular Playground, V5.2, revamped and better than ever!
Since launching the original open-source Angular Playground application in May 2017, we have improved the sandbox tool to feature an improved user interface, updated documentation, and better performance. And now, Angular Playground works with Angular 6 and Angular CLI 6.
More new features include:
- The ability to install Angular Playground with ng (easy installation of the Angular Playground)
- Enabled UI overlay for access to the command bar in mobile/iPad testing
- A new configuration option to easily configure and provide modules to the Playground application.
Are you a developer using Angular to build applications? Then you should be using Angular Playground!
Why Should I Add Angular Playground to My Developer Toolbox?
Angular Playground is an open-source tool created by our team here at SoCreate that allows developers to build and work components in isolation, independent of a full application.
- Store and quickly access your components in ANY state.
- Stage your components with different inputs/outputs, data, mark-ups, and styles, and then access each state effortlessly the next time you need to work on it.
- Build and edit your individual components in isolation.
- Work on specific components of your application without having to load the entire application.
- Easily document all your components.
- Embed staged components within your documentation, whether it's an external style guide, a visual component library, or an entire design system. Each change to a component will be instantly reflected in your documentation.
Angular Playground can greatly increase your productivity and improve your workflow. The application is easy to set-up, so WHY NOT give it a try?
How Has Angular Playground Improved Day-to-Day Tasks for SoCreate Developers?
Since the release of the original version of Angular Playground, our developer team's productivity has greatly increased! Take it from them:
Brian Treese (Chief of UX):
Our Chief of UX, Brian Treese, who has been working on Playground since the beginning, mentioned that the new updates have made a significant difference in his productivity levels. The automatic background refresh eliminates multiple seconds of refresh time which makes quite an impact over the course of a day!
Jami Lurock (Chief Software Engineer):
Our Chief Software Engineer, Jami Lurock, has also been working on Playground since the beginning. Since the release of the original version, Jami said that Playground has completely changed his workflow for the better. While before he used to have to wait for the environment to be set up (which can often take a long time), with Angular Playground, he is now able to immediately open the application and start working on a project. It's a much faster way of getting started and making some great progress on your app!
So, if you are a developer using Angular and are looking to improve your productivity, you should check out Angular Playground, V5.2!
Here at SoCreate, our mission is to provide our community with the best tools possible, and that includes our developer community and our SoCreate Platform screenwriting community. A huge thank you to our team for all the hard work that they put in every day to make Playground the absolute best it can be.